Balloon flight program
Ballooning in Ethiopia is magnificent. However, balloons can only fly early morning in Ethiopia during sunrise. This is because after 07.30 AM (international time) it gets turbulent which can negatively effect the pilot’s control of the balloon. Therefore the balloon program is always as followed:
05.15 AM, pickup by our 14 passenger minivan at one of our pickup points in Addis Ababa (or at your hotel when we fly elsewhere)
05.50 AM, arrive in the take off field (for Addis Ababa flights 20 KM West of Addis near the village Tatek on the new Anbo Road) and a welcome with coffee & tea and a passenger briefing by your pilot (with 20+ years international experience in ballooning)
06.15 AM, after the balloon is inflated with cold air which is heated by the balloon burners you get in the basket and your 1 hour flights at different altitudes (between 0 and 500 meters) begins. You will enjoy a beautiful sunrise from the balloon.
07.15 AM, landing and traditional champagne ceremony to celebrate the balloon flight and to celebrate the birth of aviation (which started with ballooning). After that we drive back to the take off point (or Addis Ababa in case of Addis flights) where we have a complete breakfast
08.30 AM, start of the breakfast and handing out a personal certificate to every passenger
09.30 AM, drop off and end of program
In short, a complete early morning program and a spectacular sunrise balloon flight you will never forget.
We organize a complete and enjoyable ballooning program for you as we want you to look back on your balloon adventure with great satisfaction. Our balloon flights are inclusive:
- Pickup by our minivan;
- A wonderful balloon flight with an average of 1 hour;
- Refreshment during the balloon flight;
- Traditional champaign ceremony after the flight;
- Full breakfast after the flight;
- A personal commemorative certicate;
- A professional and enthusiastic guidance;
- Transport back to the pickup place;
- Full passenger insurance (comparable to insurance of airliners);
- Qualified and licensed pilots and crew;
- Your tickets can be freely transferred to other people;
- Reservation and administration costs;
- A lot of fun and excitement.
Check our flight schedule for combined flights (where you fly with other passengers) here or read more about our private balloon flights.
For more information call 00251-926-845086 or email email@example.com.
We hope to welcome you on board soon…!